There are several options that entrepreneurs may take when researching how to start a travel agency business from home;
1) They can go the independent route and become an independent travel agent. Independent travel agents can either work from home, or open up a brick and mortar store to provide a physical location for their travel agency. The pros to starting an independent travel agency is that the travel agent gets to keep all the commissions. The cons are that the travel agent will be managing several parts of their business all by themselves, not to mention all while trying to establish partnerships between various travel companies in order to retain better travel deals for their clients.
2) Another option when starting a travel agency is to join a host travel agency network. The pros to a host agency is that the travel agent gets some back end help, but the downside is while it’s a minimum investment, the commission split between the travel agent and the host travel agency network will at times have the travel agent working twice as hard to get ahead.Similar to other options, independent travel agents can work from the comfort of their own house.
3) One of the most popular options for those researching how to start a travel agency, is to buy into a travel agent franchise business. Use the following link to find out more about what a franchise is?
When talking about franchises, most people will automatically think of McDonald’s, Subways, Burger King as they are a globally recognized brands. Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative is actually one of the lowest cost franchises to own. Unlike McDonald’s which cost millions, Cruise Planners investment cost is less than what is cost to purchase a decent used cars. Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative offers travel franchises for sale to entrepreneurs that are interested in how to start their own travel agency. There are many benefits to going with option #3. For example, at Cruise Planners we have a home office team of 60+ who mostly support our franchisee travel agents. We also offer a travel agent university with over 100+ courses. With more than 20 years of success we know that our travel agency formula is effective and successful as we always strive to provide our franchise owners with the best tools in the travel industry.
How to Start a Travel Agency Business with a Franchise, Working From Home
We hold several webinars per month for entrepreneurs that are interested in learning more about how to start a travel agency. Entrepreneurs can also contact a franchise development specialist to get a better understanding of the steps needed to start a travel agency. We also let entrepreneurs talk to our current travel agent franchisees so they can tell them directly about their own experience with owning a Cruise Planners Travel Agency Franchise. You may also request more franchise information as well for a quick response.
Join our webinar!
Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative, cordially invites you to attend one of our upcoming travel franchise opportunity webinars.
We’ll also answer the following questions:
- How do I start my own travel agency franchise?
- How will I make money?
- Are people cutting back on travel due to the economy?
- Do I need prior experience?
- Why do I need Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative? Can’t I just do this on my own?
- If I am already in the travel industry, how can Cruise Planners help me grow my business?
- What about the internet? How can I compete?
- What kind of training is provided?
- How much does the franchise cost, and what’s included in the franchise fee?