Looking for a host agency?
Here are five great questions to ask.
- Is there a fee?
- A lead generation program?
- Help make you a cruise player?
- Own a website with your domain name or a page on the corporate site?
2. Strong Marketing Programs
- What types are available?
- Are there turn-key programs?
- Is there a cost? (should be minimal or no cost)
- Are there multiple customer touch points like print-on-demand, direct mail and online options?
3. Home Office Support and Training
- How many Home Office members are there to support you, resolve issues and help grow your business?
- Do they offer continuing education programs from subject matter experts, private coaching sessions and on-demand training?
- Can you experience and learn with your peers on seminars at sea?
- Is there an annual convention with cruise line executives, trade shows and camaraderie amongst your peers?
4. Does the host compete with you? What is the membership size?
- Do they sell direct to customers? Beware, your list can get into the wrong hands.
- Do you own your customer list?
- Are there thousands of agents? Make sure you’re not a number. However, you don’t want to join a small host or you won’t be able to play with the big guys.
5. Do you have local cruise line support?
- A host should allow you access to your local DSM.
- Take advantage of local co-op dollars and representation at local functions.
- Create relationships to build your business.
Find out the benefits of owning a travel agency franchise, join us for a free webinar.