Travel Enthusiasts Listen: Now Is the Time to Take Your Passion Project to The Next Level with Cruise Planners®
Today, passion projects are the epitome of joy and occupy your time in an effort to escape from this fast-paced world. If your passion is dreaming of your next vacation, researching new destinations to explore or simply planning every detail of a future getaway, now is the time to turn that passion into a travel business opportunity.
Cruise Planners®, an American Express Travel Representative, is the nation’s largest home-based travel franchise and ideal for people who want to work from home and be an independent travel agent. Aside from being the number one travel franchise to date, there are a multitude of reasons why you should turn your travel passions into dollars. Here, we explain the top 4 reasons why you should become a travel agent!
Top Four Reasons to Become a Travel Agent
1. What Experience? If You Love Travel, You’re in Business!
You don’t necessarily need to be the most qualified travel professional in the room to become a travel agent, you simply need a love for travel, period. Be honest with yourself and realize what deciding to work for yourself means, and what changes will need to be made. Many times, people do it without understanding why—but it just feels right. Follow your gut and then, take action.
2. Make the Decision, and Let Cruise Planners® Guide You
Once you’ve solidified the route you’re going to become a travel franchisee, we provide you with all of the training and tools you will ever need to succeed. Being in business since 1994, we have learned a thing or two about success and we are one of the most profitable franchises to own. Cruise Planners® is there for you every step of the way. Your success means our success, it’s the recipe to why we have been the number one travel franchise for 24 years according to Entrepreneur. We handle it all, so you can focus on building your client relationships for your travel agency.
3. Cruise Planners® Provides Travel Agents with World Class Technology
Our in-house Information Technology department has consistently beat out our competition when it comes to pushing the technology envelope of the travel industry. This year, we unveiled a first-ever, Alexa Skills that allows travel agents to manage work/life balance and a Skill that clients use to stay in touch with their agents hands-free. With the Technology Suite and Support available to travel agents, if operated correctly, the only way to go is up in your franchise. From training to artificial intelligence used to help make trip recommendations, you will be a tech genius.
4. Work Hard While Playing Hard
One titillating tidbit, you get to travel like you’re a rock star, courtesy of your line of business –– in this industry, you’re able to go on FAM trips, short for “familiarization trips” that allow you to travel like your clients would. Stay at a 5-star resort, try some of the excursions you’d recommend to your clients and even the menu from the local restaurants. You get the experience of a lifetime, why? So, you can make referrals to your clients from your own experiences. You build relationships with these hotel representatives over time which is just as important, just in case you need to call in a favor or two. You get the opportunity to work hard, and play hard while you earn money. All of these trips can be used for social media marketing purposes to promote your travel locations.
Stop thinking about it and start doing! Contact a Cruise Planners® representative today, about starting your own travel agency, and become your own boss.
You sell travel and make people’s vacation dreams a reality! You are also a business professional and you maintain a website, market your brand, attract clients, maintain relationships, balance your books and more, but are you successfully doing all of it?
As we all know, salespeople carry floppy discs, work from 9 to 5, and do 100% of their work on a desktop computer. Wait, it’s not 1994? Mobile is a must-have, not a nice-to-have. Working on your own schedule is convenient and having the tools to work on the-the-go is a key to success. Modern sales reps share data, get approvals, and push deals forward on their smartphones. Think about the way you manage your travel franchise and see if you fall victim to these classic signs that you need a better way to sell travel.
Six Reasons Host Travel Agents Should Join Cruise Planners Franchise!
- You are competing with your host agency: Many host companies are your competition because they also sell travel. Consider working for yourself and actually keeping a majority of the profits, through Cruise Planners®. If you aren’t earning your full commission and owning your travel clients, you are missing out.
- You are trying to create your own brand: Preparing your own marketing tools and flyers can be time consuming and a heavy expense, especially if you’re in business for yourself. Not to mention, website maintenance and promotion so your peers can know you actually sell travel. The best thing about working with Cruise Planners® is that your brand is taken care of. We have an established brand and American Express Travel representative, backs us which sets our brand at a prestigious level. Your name will be associated with the American Express logo, you get an established travel brand credibility without having to build one from the ground up.
- Your online presence hasn’t been refreshed in years: Since managing your own brand can be time-consuming, it’d be better to just outsource your web management which can be time consuming. With Cruise Planners® think of your travel agency franchise as self-sustained, your only job is to build relationships. You have an in-house content team who builds pages and stories for your brand, a Home Office Team dedicated to your growth as an entrepreneur, pre-built and customizable social media posts and a website with a booking engine, connect with other agents and resources and a website that is 90% completed for you to book travel sales! The only thing that is missing is you!
- You aren’t able to run reports to track your sales and manage your pipeline: There’s customer info on sticky notes, in Excel spreadsheets, and you had a list of potential client names from a trade show, but you are overwhelmed with how to service them. We call that analysis paralysis. If you are questioning if your selling process is effective, but you don’t have the tools to find answers, it’s time for a change. The technology suite that Cruise Planners® provides, is built to serve you. Now you can track important data, receive recommendations for each individual client based on profiles and more. You can keep track of all of this one place.
- You can travel without fear of losing a sale: The beauty of joining Cruise Planners, is you can take your work with you! Go on vacation, answer a quick email or phone call in the morning and watch the sunset on the beach. With the right tools and mobile-friendly technology you can run your business from anywhere in the world with internet connection.
- You are leaving commission on the table: When you are with a travel franchise company such as Cruise Planners®, you can earn the highest commission in the industry, we help to make sure you get paid, we have automatic e-connect so sales are automatically entered.
If you’re stuck with the status quo, consider upping your travel business game by joining Cruise Planners® – we have the training, technology solutions and mobile innovations to help you start a travel agency and grow it.
South Florida Business Journal honors Cruise Planners® as Business of the Year
Last night, Cruise Planners® won the Woman-Owned Business of the Year Award from the South Florida Business Journal. This is yet another example of Cruise Planners’ innovative growth, commitment to Cruise Planners agents and strong leadership. Cruise Planers two female majority owners, Michelle Fee, CEO and Founder, and Vicky Garcia, COO, couldn’t do it without all the women and men who positively impact Cruise Planners.
Cruise Planners two female powerhouse leaders pride themselves on a senior leadership team that is made up of a majority of women as well. Also, as a national travel franchise, Cruise Planners has helped thousands of its home-based franchisees – many of whom are women – build their own businesses with the flexibility to work from home, be their own boss and travel the world.
“We are a company lead by women who are passionate about uplifting others, having families and celebrating diversity,” said Michelle Fee, CEO and Founder of Cruise Planners. “Along the way we have found success, increased sales and have established ourselves as a of the leader in innovation in travel – and we aren’t even done dreaming up what’s next.”
Cruise Planners co-owners, Vicky Garcia and Michelle Fee –
recipients of the Woman-Owned Business of the Year Award from the South Florida Business Journal.
Theresa Scalzitti, Cruise Planners’ Vice President of Sales & Marketing, and Caitlin Gardner, Director of Corporate Communications, accepted the award on behalf of the women-led company
Cruise Planners unique home-based business model is ideal for people who love to travel. To learn more, check out our next travel franchise webinar.
Cruise Planners: The Franchise Company Where Innovation is a Way of Life locks in prestigious travel industry accolade for martech advancements benefiting travel agents **
Coral Springs, Fla. – April 20, 2018 – Cruise Planners®, an American Express Travel Representative, has a nearly 25-year legacy of being a leader in creating the innovative marketing and technology tools that drive sales, so its national network of travel agents can successfully work from home or while traveling the world. At Cruise360 in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Cruise Planners’ technology advancements once again earned the highest industry recognition, this time receiving the prestigious CLIA’s Hall of Fame Travel Agency Innovator Award.
Cruise Planners is celebrated once again for innovation earning the CLIA Hall of Fame Travel Agency Innovator Award. The Cruise Planners leadership team accepts the award at Cruise360 in Fort Lauderdale, Fla on April 19, 2018.
“At Cruise Planners, our vision is to create innovative marketing and technology tools and programs designed to help our travel agents stand out in a busy marketplace,” said Michelle Fee, CEO and Founder of Cruise Planners and past CLIA Hall of Fame honoree. “We have the most creative and collaborative team in the industry who are building things others haven’t even dreamt of.”
The Hall of Fame award, celebrates Cruise Planners’ comprehensive martech suite – a true blend of marketing and technology – and includes the following features for home-based travel agents:
- Martech Platform: CP Maxx™, an enhanced “work-from-anywhere” technology platform built from the ground up, which serves as an innovative booking tool, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and insightful marketing platform. Through the tool, Cruise Planners travel agents have access to intuitive and hands-free marketing, reporting tools and proprietary technology for business efficiency. Travel agents have loved this new system since it was made with their feedback and addresses their most pressing needs.
- Voice-Activated, Artificial Intelligence: Cruise Planners was the first home-based franchise to develop two Alexa skills; one for Cruise Planners agents and the other for their travel customers. Developed in-house by Cruise Planners’ award-winning technology team, the Alexa skills are designed to be yet another great benefit of working with a Cruise Planners travel agent.
- Mobile Technology: Cruise Planners has both a consumer and travel agent mobile app (Android & Apple) so agents can run their business from anywhere in the world. Clients can access their My Trips portals to view their trip and profile information, purchase shore excursions and trip insurance.
- High-Impact Tools: Cruise Planners cruise travel sales have grown by nearly 20 percent for the second consecutive year while the number of passengers departing in 2017 also grew into the double digits from 2016. Since CP Maxx’s launch in 2017, Cruise Planners’ agents have seen boosted sales, increased ROI on supplier’s marketing co-op funds and strengthened client relationships through highly efficient and targeted marketing insight for travel agents, allowing travel agents to market more effectively to their clients. For example, agents can view past travel purchases and create highly effective marketing campaigns using segmented, third-party behavioral data. All of these innovations give travel agents the data needed to anticipate client buying habits and the ability to target the right clients with the right cruise product.
- Training on Tech: Recognizing that people learn in different ways, Cruise Planners continues to invest in travel agents’ comprehensive understanding of CP Maxx and turning even the most technology-challenged cruise counsellors into “techsperts” through a variety of training options.
“We are committed to our travel agents and will continue shaping the travel industry by challenging the idea that online booking saves time and money, making sure the value of a travel agent is never underestimated,” Fee said. “Our team keeps pushing boundaries to bring our ideas to life while our agents flourish in business. I couldn’t be prouder to lead such a passionate team.”