Traveling is fun. Cruising is very fun. Owning a business? Well, that’s fun too. And Cruise Planners/American Express? We practically invented fun. Take a look at some of the fun ways we’ve answered some frequently asked questions. We broke them up by category to make it easier, colorful and, well, fun.
- Do franchises succeed? One out of every 12 businesses is a franchise. Nine out of 10 franchises succeed.
- How do independent business fare? Eight out of 10 independent businesses fail within the first 5 years
- Are there benefits to owning a franchise? Yes, many. It’s an established, successful brand with proven systems in place, purchasing power, shared experiences with other franchisees and training programs.
- Is there any advantage, or buying power which can benefit me as a franchise owner? Yes! We have enormous buying power and hundreds of group inventory space coordinated by the Home Office to help our network of travel professionals.
- Will I have credibility working out of my home? Absolutely! Home-based businesses are widely accepted these days. Plus, you will be a part of an organization that has a nationally recognized brand name.
- Did you know you could own a franchise business you actually enjoy working? You can love what you do. And you can start today with only an investment of $9,995.
- Are there any other opportunities to earn income from each sale? You can earn commissions by offering trip insurance, shore excursions, and other optional features. Plus, you can sell tour packages anywhere in the world and earn commissions.
- Did you know a cruise vacation is an incredible value? It’s a fact: People want to travel.
- How many new cruise ships will be introduced into the waters? In the next three years there will be 26 new ships.
- Haven’t people already been on a cruise? Studies find almost 34 million Americans plan on cruising in the next three years.
- Can I contact the Home Office with questions? Our CEO has an open-door policy and you can call upon her or anyone at the Home Office at any time. Plus, we have an on-site Sales Service Team devoted to helping you.
- Did you know there are three household names in travel? They are American Express, AAA and Travelocity. And we are affiliated with American Express.
- Did you know Cruise Planners/American Express has been ranked #1 in category by Entrepreneur magazine? We have for the last six years. And counting.
- Did you know you would become a member of a family? You are when you join us.
- Did you know Cruise Planners/American Express was named Homebased Partner of the Year by Royal Caribbean International? We have for the last three years. No other partner has this distinction.
- Did you know your affiliation can speak volumes? Our CEO is on most of the cruise line advisory boards. You will have a voice in the industry.
- How do I earn income from making cruise sales? You will receive commission on each cruise fare sold (excluding taxes and government fees known in the industry as “NCF’s” or non-commissionable fees).
- Is there training offered? Yes! Our training begins with a comprehensive 6-day program in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., in the heart of the cruise industry.
- What programs are there for me to use and start my business? We have turn-key, award-winning marketing and advertising programs, lead generation and website programs and proprietary accounting and customer management software. As well as an amazing on-demand training portal called CPU and a dedicated Sales Service Team to help.
- How soon can I begin to sell and make commissions? You can start booking cruises upon satisfactory completion of the training class in Florida. Our Sales Service Team will be on-hand to help you get off to the right start.
- Are there opportunities to network with other franchise owners? Our franchise owners offer each other support, advice and friendship whenever needed. Our annual convention is more like a family reunion. And our Seminars at Sea are the perfect way to reconnect with members while you learn.